HardSID 4U "a HardSID... for you!"
The HardSID 4U is the most powerful SID synthesizer since the legendary C64!
- Two CPUs and main memory
- USB connection (compatible with both 2.0 & 1.1)
- Isochronous USB endpoint for low-latency audio
- VSTi interface with 8000Hz update rate on all SID registers (free)
- Wave-in VSTi pin for routing 8000Hz signals to any registers (example: playing other VSTi's sound on the volume register)
- Full automation of all VSTi parameters
- Superior sound quality (..it is a HardSID!)
- Support for up to four SID chips (6581/8580/6582 in any combination)
- Updateable firmware over USB
- Microsoft Vista compatible (drivers for Win2000/XP/Vista)
..and if you're a C64 fan
- Cycle-accurate playback of your favorite SID tunes
- Digitized sound + high-speed playback with low CPU utilization
- Seamless playback of .sid tunes while you work on your PC
by providing a huge playback buffer for non-VSTi applications
- Supported by the HardSID 4U Winamp Plugin! (seeking, sub-tune handling, IR remote controlling)
The HardSID 4U Studio Edition
- Full physical separation of the SIDs from the USB driven circuits
- 100% elimination of EMI (Electromagnetic interference) noise that may come from your PC via USB
Many PC parts (sometimes the USB controller itself) are generating electromagnetic interference (EMI) which travels through the USB cable
into your USB Audio device (HardSID 4U in this case). Even if you use a cable with built-in EMI suppression
some of the noise will work its way through to your audio device. So, if any part in your PC isn't
properly electromagnetically shielded, the EMI noise will be audible when low level audio is played.
EMI noise can not be perfectly removed by any suppression method except by expensive physical separation of
circuits connected to the PC from the audio circuits.
Suppressed EMI noise is still perfectly acceptable for hobby usage, but if you're planning to record your
work/art in studio quality, you should consider going for the HardSID 4U Studio Edition, since it
physically separates your audio circuits from the ones connected to your PC.
We're using expensive technologies to replace direct electrical contacts between the PC driven circuits and the audio circuits.
- Four mono dry outputs for the best sound quality (2x stereo jacks)
- Mixed output for the easiest usage (1x stereo jack - mono signal)
- Four mono inputs for filtering external sources with SID filters (2x stereo jacks)
- USB connector for connecting the unit to a desktop PC or a Notebook
- DC-in connector for connecting the power supply (1A@12VDC)
forget the emulation... you need the REAL ONE!
» Click here to order now! »